Thursday, March 18, 2010

Wisconsin

My company makes several products that are used on fire trucks. There was a show Monday this week in Wisconsin and all of our sales associated were at another show. They couldn’t make so I ended up going with another person I work with. I really didn’t want to go since I was only back from China for two days and my sleeping habits were really screwed up but I didn’t really have a choice because the president of our company asked me to go. I don’t think I should say no to him! I've been on eight planes in the last two weeks. That sucks!!



The show wasn’t too bad though and the weather was nice.

While we were in Wisconsin the girl I was with and I both decided we needed to buy some cheese. We drove around for about an hour trying to find a little cheese shop but all of them were closed. We ended up seeing Lambeau Field while we were looking for cheese.


I pissed on a statue of Brent Farve. OK I really didn’t but I would if I had the chance!

We had to stop and ask for advice but we finally found some cheese. I bought jalapeno cheese, 3 year cheddar cheese and muenster cheese. I debated on buying some cheese curds but didn’t. I should have because I was told that they are really good.



We ate dinner ate some sports bar/restaurant called Bentley’s. I asked them what type of beer they had on draft and one of them was called “Spotted Cow”. While in Wisconsin I had to try that. It is made by a local brewing company and was pretty good. The link to the company is below.



http://www.newglarusbrewing.com/Beers.cfm?BeerCategoryID=1&BeerID=7

I saw Lambeau Field, bought several types of cheese and drank a couple spotted cow beers. I guess I pretty much saw everything there is to see in Wisconsin…

Just kidding, I still need to go to Camp Randall someday and watch a football game and party. It’s supposed to be a wild time.

The show was about an hour drive from Green Bay. There were lots of hills and lakes. It was really scenic. There were some amazing log cabins. I could live there one day if it didn’t get so damn cold in the winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment