Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My last day in China

Today is my last full day in China. Tomorrow morning I will be going to back to Hong Kong to fly out. My trip has been really good. The Chinese people are very friendly and respectful. I never had to open a door for myself. Everybody always said hi, bye and thank you. At some places when you leave they will line up at the door and say bye to you. That happened at several factories and restaurants. I’m going to miss be treated so nicely. I’m not sure if it’s because I’m white or what but I almost feel like I’m treated like royalty here. I could get use to that.

Yesterday I saw Jessica Simpson’s handbag factory. I was thinking about stopping in to see if Jess was around but I was pretty busy. I’ll call her later to catch up (I really need that sarcasm font).

Tonight is my last night here. I’m not sure what we are going to do but I’m sure its going to be fun!! I’m thinking I should start the night out by getting a massage while drinking a few beers. I plan on finishing this blog tomorrow very hung over…..


…the next day……


Well I was right. I definitely had fun last night. It started out with a massage. There was no happy ending, get your mind out of the gutter. Then we did a little more shopping I bought a Giorgio Armani belt for $15. Once again I’m sure it is not real but it looks nice. After that we ate a restaurant call the Metropolitan. It is a pretty nice restaurant inside a 4 or 5 star hotel. After dinner and a few drinks we went out to the same bar I went to on the first night here. I had to play drinking games with the cute bartenders again. They don’t understand a single word I’m saying, all they know is I have blue eyes and they love it!!

I was looking at souvenirs at the airport. I found this cute little oriental Chinese jacket that I wanted to by for my niece but they didn't have it in her size. She is just growing too fast!!



I’m in Newark right now and I have gone through security 4 times so far and had two pat downs. Traveling back to the US sucks but I guess that better than my plane blowing up!!

My flight to Dayton is delayed of course. As if 28 hours of traveling isn’t enough. So I’m now sitting at the Budweiser Brew House in the Airport getting a bite to eat and a beer! I had some type of burger with Salsa on it. It was really good. Soon I will be home in my own bed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment