Monday, March 15, 2010

China Day 5

Today was a really productive day for me at work. I worked until about 7:30 then had dinner.



Obviously we had Chinese food again today. The guys in the picture from the left are Scott our VP of international operations, myself, Kuenter our outside project manager, and Tracy. At most restaurants here when you order food you just order a bunch of dishes and they place them on a turntable in the middle of the table. Dinner here is more conversation oriented. We basically will talk and drink and pick at the food with our chopsticks. The turn table works its way around so there is always a different dish in front of you. In the middle of the turn table you can see fish head soup. It’s actually really good but you have to watch out for bones. I didn’t see any chicken feet this time here. I always pick a random dish to try. Last time I was here the dish I picked and chicken feet in it. I tried some of the dish but I definitely passed on the chicken feet.

We also did a little shopping tonight. I bought a Rolex watch and a Louis Vuitton bag (it’s a satchel, Indiana Jones has one)! After some negotiations I got them both for 80 US dollars (544 yen). For that price I’m 100% positive that they are not real!!

After that we went back to the apartment for a couple more beers and some conference calls.

Oh and I watched the movie Taking Woodstock. It was very disappointing. There are a couple gay scenes in it with GUYS!! Two guys shoving their tongues down each others throat is not cool with me! Girls, well that’s a different story. I would and have paid to see that…..



I didn’t really take this picture. I found it on the internet but I still like it!!

That reminds me the culture in China is very different than in the US. They are much more “touchy feely”. It is not uncommon for girls to be holding hands or have their arms around each other. The guys are the same way. When they are talking to you they will put their hand on your shoulder or on your leg if you are sitting. It freaks me out when the guys do it but it is freaking HOT when the girls are touchy feely with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment