Thursday, February 25, 2010

This and That

Evidently posting a picture of Kim topless on the beach draws a lot of attention. The blog had over 100 hits over night. That’s a 50% increase of visitors since I started this blog. So Kim when are we going to go to a topless beach again?!? You can be my “Blog Model”. Kim was right about one thing. I did spend a lot of time on that last blog. It’s really cutting into my love life…(That’s a joke)

PURDUE
I know most of the people that read this are from Ohio but I know at least one person reads this besides me that is a Purdue fan. Sorry for the rest of you but I need talk about the #3 ranked Purdue Boilermakers. Purdue junior forward Robbie Hummel was hurt last night in the game against Minnesota. Purdue was up by 14 points with about 7 minutes left in the first half and Hummel went down with what appears to be a knee injury.



What really pisses me off is the Minnesota fans cheered when he got hurt. I understand cheering when a player gets up and walks off the court but they cheered when he got hurt and while he was lying on the court getting medical attention. That is classless. I now rank Minnesota fans in the same class or lower than Ohio State fans!! And that’s bad

The extent of his injury is not yet known but several sources have stated that it is a torn ACL. That means the season is over for him and probably the beginning of next season too. This puts a damper on Purdue’s chances of being Big Ten Champs. There is still hope but with three games left it’s going to be difficult. It will be hard to be the #3 team in the country when you loose your leading rebounder and second leading scorer. More importantly this guy is the brains of the team. He does a little bit of everything and he does it good. Earlier this week he was named one of 30 midseason candidates for the Naismith Trophy, presented annually to the national player-of-the-year.

I told myself if Purdue makes it to the Final Four this year in Indianapolis I am going to pony up and buy some tickets. Chances of that are looking much slimmer but we have other talented guys that will step up. We’ll see on Sunday when Purdue plays Michigan State.

On a better note I found some random pictures that are just awesome.





This was actually a bobsleigh competition in Braunlage, Germany. Those damn Germans have things figured out!

No comments:

Post a Comment