Monday, February 22, 2010

Dirtbikes, Beer and Friends...

This weekend I went to Columbus Indiana with Iggy, Kim and Jason to visit Karl and Beth. We went down there Friday night and just hung out at Karl and Beth’s. Two of their friends from Columbus came over. We drank plenty of their beers and then Karl made us a kick ass breakfast. Several hours later we got up and Karl made us another sweet breakfast. It was the good life. Karl wouldn't take any money from us for all the beer and food he supplied us with but I hope he checks his wine cooler sometime soon. (Karl if you read this that is a hint)

Saturday we drove up to Indy to go to a Motocross race at Lucas Oil Stadium. That stadium is amazing. For $715 million it better be amazing.


Below is a picture from our seats. We were about 10 rows from the top.


I think the best part was the introduction of the riders before the race. The speakers were blaring, fireworks were going off and there was even a laser show. It was pretty cool. The $7 Bud Lights weren't bad either




Before the race started they had two Marines propel down from the ceiling holding the flag during the national anthem. It was pretty cool


After the races were over we walked around the stadium for a while just to check it out. We noticed one thing. It looks likes they moved the 2006 World Champions banner to the side so they had room for another banner. The problem is the other banner is in New Orleans with the great Drew Brees and not in Indianapolis. I also couldn't find the Superbowl trophy….oh wait that is in New Orleans too!


When we were getting ready to leave I ran into Peyton Manning and his wife. They were dressed really nice for a dirt bike race. I told him I was doing a blog and ask if I could interview him for my blog. Below is our conversation


Josh – Peyton what was it like to play in the Superbowl?

Peyton – well it was amazing to play in the Superbowl but what was really amazing was to be on the same field as Drew Brees. That guy in incredible and he went to the most awesome college in the world

Josh – Speaking of Drew Brees how do you feel about loosing the big game to him?

Peyton – Well I wouldn’t rather get beat by any man than Drew. I have nothing but respect for him. He is a great quarterback and a great person. Well except that he went on Oprah after winning the Superbowl. Why would he go on a show with that dumb b*tch.

Josh – Now Peyton that’s not a very nice thing to say about Oprah.

Peyton – well if she wasn’t one I wouldn’t call her one

Josh РTouch̩ Peyton, Touch̩

Josh - So how do you think Drew Brees ranks compared to other quarterbacks?

Peyton – He is the top QB in the league right now. I don’t think anybody even stands close to him. Brady Quinn is right behind him though. Ha, I’m just kidding that guys sucks brown balls.

Josh – Wow Peyton, you’re really talking the trash today but I guess your right. He did come from Notre Dame. You can't really expect much from him.

Josh – Well I better let you enjoy the rest of your evening. Thanks for taking the time to talk with me. I really enjoyed talking with you and staring at your wife.

Peyton – No problem man, anytime. By the way my wife has a younger sister who is single. Give me a call sometime and we can all go out and get drink.

Josh – Sorry Peyton, I don’t date Colts fans but thanks anyways


OK, that wasn’t a real interview but that’s how I imagine it would go!

No comments:

Post a Comment