Friday, May 14, 2010

Traveling...

I just found out I will be traveling to Switzerland and Germany in June for work.

Myself along with two coworkers are flying out of Newark, New Jersey to Geneva, Switzerland on Saturday June 5th. While in Switzerland I have to buy a real Swiss Army Knife, Swiss Cheese, and a Red Bull. I think Jase needs a Swiss army knife too. He will be two in a couple months, he really needs to start cutting stuff(don't tell Julie)



From there we will be traveling by train Sunday and Monday through Switzerland and Germany to a city in Germany called Leipzeg.
I imagine the train ride will be very scenic through part of the Alps, Switzerland and Germany.

We will be spending three days in Leipzeg attending a Fire Truck and Emergency Vehicle show. Then we will take another train up to Berlin. We plan on doing a little sight seeing and seeing the Berlin wall. I need to buy a real cuckoo clock. That is the only Germany touristy thing I haven't bought yet.

We fly out of Berlin Friday morning and arrive back home Friday evening.

I was worried that this trip was going to conflict with the Famous Fort Recovery Jubilee but luckily it does not.

I really need to practice up on my German. Its been over two years since I've been there. The only thing I can remember is how to order a beer. That's probably enough to get by though. After a couple beers who really cares anyways?

I should have a bunch of pics and a lot to write about while I'm there and when I get back. Keep in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment