Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Jeep, Philadelphia and Gettysburg

Well I bought the Jeep and had to use some of my sky miles to fly to Newark NJ to pick it up and drive home. Below is a picture with the top off. I was only home for about an hour until the top came off.


After I picked up my Jeep I drove to Philadelphia to do a little sight seeing on my way home. A while back the food network had this special about two places in Philly that both claim to make the best Philly cheese steaks. They are located right across the road from each other so naturally I had to go check it out and try one. Below are pictures of both places.




I decided to go to Pat's and try their Philly cheese steak. I wasn't hungry enough to try both and Pat's had more seating. That is how I made the decision on which one to try. It was really good.


After I ate I went to the historical district to see the Liberty bell, National Constitution Center, United States Mint and several other buildings. Below are a few pictures of these buildings and others. It was nice and sunny that day but the temp was 92 degrees.










After I was done sight seeing in Philly I drove to Gettysburg to do a little more sight seeing on my way home. I have already been to Gettysburg but it was in 8th grade and I was not mature enough care about anything except chasing girls and getting into trouble. (I'm much more mature now, even though I'm still chasing girls and getting into trouble)

Below are several pictures of Gettysburg monuments and battle fields. There is a 24 mile tour that you can drive. There are so many stops it takes about 3-4 hours.









I decided to get a nice dinner in Gettysburg. I ate at a place called Gettysburg Eddie. It had the small town appeal going on. Evidently the it was named after a major league pitcher from Gettysburg called Edward Plank. He must have been pretty good because he was a world series MVP, a hall of famer and according to the quote on the wall from Ty Cobb "the best pitcher I have ever seen".

I did a little more sight seeing the next day and found a few monuments dedicated to the Ohio infantry


I then left Gettysburg and drove to Nic's place in Columbus. I took the smaller roads through the mountains. It was pretty scenic and a lot of fun in the Jeep.



After about an hour and a half of driving all of a sudden I saw the welcome to West Virginia sign. I wasn't planning on going through West Virginia so I about crap my pants when I saw this sign because I thought I was driving the wrong way. I pulled over and looked at the map and realized that the top tip of West Virginia is between Pennsylvania and Ohio. So I was right on track. Maybe I should have paid attention in Geography class instead of screwing off because I though I would never need to know this stuff.

Like I said earlier on Sunday when I got back the top came off right away. Aaron took this picture of his bike and my jeep.

We went wakeboarding in a pond Sunday afternoon. The water was a little cold but not too bad. Below is a picture of me pulling Jesse.


If you are interested there are a lot more pictures of my trip in the "Josh's Pictures" link to the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment