Friday, April 30, 2010

The Derby

I'm debating on whether or not to go to the Kentucky Derby this weekend. I really want to go but it is going to rain. Yesterday the chance of rain for Saturday was 60% and today it has been upgraded to 90%.

A few years ago I went there with a some friends. It rained the two days before the derby but stopped before the derby started. The infield was sort of muddy but not too bad. It was awesome and something I definitely want to do again. The infield was a gigantic party. There were girls wrestling in the mud, people running on top of rows of porta potties, and many other interesting things I should not talk about. Below is a video of two guys porta potty racing at the Preakness. It's pretty funny, especially when they are getting pelted with bear cans.




Aaron and I both won a couple hundred bucks on the race that year. Below is a picture of our victory cigars.


My plan is to keep watching the weather and make a last minute decision. Lets hope for the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment